Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

CescFabregas Reveals Why He Joined Chelsea

 

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has revealed why he joined the Blues and Jose Mourinho following his spell at FC Barcelona.

The 27-year-old, who joined Chelsea for £27 million in July 2014, has been one of the reasons for the fine form of the Premier League leaders.

“I knew that coming to Chelsea – as the big club they are – with a big manager, I'd learn a lot, and that's what I'm doing,” the Spaniard told UEFA.

“He's put me in a position I'm enjoying as the best in my career. I'm helping the team, and enjoying working under him.

“Hopefully he will take us to the next level to win this competition (the Champions League) and many more for Chelsea."

Fabregas has won 14 trophies with Arsenal, Barcelona, Chelsea and the Spanish national team throughout his career, but the Champions League is still missing in his trophy cabinet.

“I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a competition that is special to me,” he added.

“Ask a player what he wants to win in his career – he'll say the World Cup and the Champions League.

“It's not an extra pressure, but I want to win it. I will give my best and hopefully we will go through into the next round.”

Fabregas has scored two goals and assisted a further four in Chelsea’s Champions League campaign.

Do you think Cesc Fabregas can win the Champions League with Chelsea? Have your say in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment