Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Charlton's Onaiwu Dubbed 'The Next Enyeama' To Train With Nigeria


Nigeria's Olympic National Team coach, Samson Siasia, has invited Charlton Athletic wonder kid Edward Ogbebor-Onaiwu to a training camp in Abuja ahead of the All Africa Games qualifiers against Zambia.
Still only 14, the glovesman is proud of receiving this call up from the Nigeria Football Federation, and has promised to win the confidence of the coach during the screening exercise.

''I feel great getting this invitation, most of all I feel proud of myself and I thank God most of all, and my parents. Without them, I will be nowhere,'' a delighted Ogbebor-Onaiwu said to SL10.ng.

''I will just keep working hard and who knows what can happen. I have not had any contact with the English FA yet.

''The invitation was sent by the Nigeria Football Federation on Monday. The email was sent to my mum and the chief scout at Charlton Athletic Football Club.''

Despite the late notice, the ex-Crystal Palace youth - teamer, whose playing style has drawn comparisons to Vincent Enyeama, has vowed to honor the invitation.

''The club has to decide when I'll leave. Nigeria wants me in camp by the 10th, which is today. If I'm permitted to go, I should be in camp by 15th, hopefully.

''Definitely, I am interested in coming, it is my home country. The qualities I am bringing to the team are that I am a great shot-stopper.

''I am very vocal. The Nigerian goalkeeper I look up to is Vincent Enyeama. He's very vocal and can keep you in the game,'' Ogbebor-Onaiwu added. 

The highly - rated goalie will be the youngest ever player to feature for Nigeria's Under 23 side if he makes his international debut against Zambia.

No comments:

Post a Comment