Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Guardiola Fears The Sack


Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola admits his job is not safe ahead of their Champions League second-leg tie against Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Spanish boss admitted that football is a make or break business, hinting that he could face losing his job if his Bayern side fails to quality for the quarter finals of the Champions League.

"I am still young, but I know what would happen if we do not go through to the next stage,” he told reporters at his pre-match press conference.

“I am the coach of a really big club and I know that it is a problem if we don't progress to the quarter-finals or the semi-finals, even the final.

“That is part of the business and I am prepared for it.”

The former Barcelona boss recognises that the game is a must-win for his team, but remains confident that the Bavarians will progress through to the next round of the competition.

“I am very optimistic, I have already said that we will win this game and I have not changed my mind. We are playing at home and we will have success,” he added.

“Perhaps there will be surprises for us, we do not know yet what kind of game they will play - defensively or not. We will have to win the game, we know this.”

Bayern have been dominant in Germany this season, but will hope to stamp their authority in Europe. 

Guardiola’s team last won the competition in the 2012/13 season, before his arrival.

Do you think that Bayern will advance to the next stage of the competition? Let us know in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment