Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

Mourinho Explains Why He Is Special



Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho believes he is “special” because he is able to rise above all the criticism he receives, but is concerned that the media spending too much time talking about him.

Mourinho has come under some pressure in the last two weeks, with regards to his team tactics and management style, especially after seeing his side being dumped out the Champions League.

The Portuguese says he doesn’t understand why there is so much more media attention around him and also pointed out that nobody knows him like he knows himself.

"I think people worry about me too much, (more) than they should. They don't know what my happiness is,"he told ESPN.

Mourinho went onto explain what exactly makes him happy and also revealed why he considers himself as a “special” manager.

"My happiness first of all is when I compare myself with the others, I see just a few that are with me in terms of success and the others I see a huge difference, a huge distance," he explained.

"I have lots of respect for all of them, but in the Premier League, who is European champion? Me and (Manchester United boss Louis) van Gaal.

"In the Premier League how many won the Premier League twice or more than twice? [Arsenal boss Arsene] Wenger and myself.

"How many won every competition in this country? Community Shield, (League) Cup, FA Cup, Premier League? How many?

"You go to Europe, how many won seven league titles? How many won two Champions Leagues? Ancelotti won three. Van Gaal, two. And Pep (Guardiola, the Bayern Munich boss), two.

"I'm not content with that, but you are too much worried about myself.

"What makes me feel special is that I am above all of this. You think I care about some bullsh*t I read? Do you think I care? I don't care. I don't care."

Chelsea failed to beat Southampton on Sunday at Stamford Bridge but still lead Manchester City by six points with one game in hand in the Premier League.

Do you think Jose Mourinho is a special manager? Have your say in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment